1) A life that is, like any other, unlike any other.
(Neil Gaiman, American Gods)
2) No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone.
3) A man is only whole when he takes into account his shadow.
4) We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
5) There is a wilderness we walk alone, however well companioned.
(Stephen Vincent Benét)
6) “What the hell kind of name is Yossarian?”
Lieutenant Scheisskopf had the facts at his fingertips. “It’s Yossarian’s name, sir,” he explained.
(Joseph Heller, Catch-22)
7) The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
8) Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.
(Martin Luther King, Jr.)
9) The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but building the new.
10) Freedom is what you do with what’s been done to you.